We love falafel so much…mmm, It’s one of our favourite vegetarian dishes. We are big fans of this recipe and the best part is that it only has a few ingredients. We try to avoid the frying pan, so we bake them instead, it is the healthier option for us and they are so yummy. You can fry them if you prefer it though! It’s just a suggestion 🙂
We eat falafel very often, so we wanted an easy and delicious recipe we can make at home. We tried this one and really enjoy it. They are so crispy and satisfying. Come on make it at home!
BEST EVER BAKED FALAFEL RECIPE:
PREPARATION TIME 15 minutes COOKING TIME 25 minutes 180ºC
- 350 gr Dry Chickpeas
- 2 Medium Red Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- A handful of Parsley
- 1 + 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra: Some Chickpea Flour or Plain Flour (to make the falafel balls).
- Soak the chickpeas in cold water two days before (at least 48hours).
- Wash & drain the chickpeas very well and after that introduce them to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients (red onions, garlic cloves, parsley, ground cumin, baking powder, salt & pepper).
- Blend until everything come together (you will obtain a crumbly dough), then shape into Falafel balls with your hands (add some chickpea flour to help).
- Bake around 25 minutes 170ºC until they are golden brown.
- Refrigerate or freeze the rest of the Falafel balls you are not gonna eat!
You will need this in your plant-based diet. Perfect in all veggie dishes. Serve your Baked Falafel with Sweet potatoes and grilled eggplant with strawberries, spinach leaves and some avo with some capsicum on top:
Holy trinity! Amazing 😀
Irene & Lydia x,
Berry Bites Blog.