Happy 2016! This year is gonna be awesome 🙂 New year, new chances, new opportunities.
2015 was full of love, fun and adventures. We created this beautiful space together to share our experiences, what we eat and how we live. We travelled a lot this year (New York, Australia…). We met gorgeous people. We fell in love. We ate well, very well. And the most important thing: We see the world through different eyes.
We are really excited to see what’s to come this year 2016!
To celebrate The Three wise men that are coming tomorrow here is a Christmas recipe:
TRADITIONAL GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIES
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes COOK TIME: 15 minutes 170ºC
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Vegan Butter Softened (125gr)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (175gr)
- 1/3 Cup Molasses
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 2 Tablespoon of Soya Milk
- 2 + 2/3 Cups of Flour (350gr)
- 2 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl one by one, and using an electric mixer, blend everything until combined. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate at least for 2 hours.
- Make the gingerbread men using a rolling pin & cookie cutters (add some flour).
- Transfer to Baking sheets. Bake them for 15 minutes (We like them crunchy!)
It was the first time I have done these Gingerbread Man Cookies for Christmas and I was freaking proud. It tastes like Christmas in my mouth. So delicious, perfect with a cup of warm tea or add some to your breakfast with some fruit to make it more healthier! Don’t forget the Berries!
We hope you get a lot of presents!
Irene & Lydia.
We are Berry Bites